A few months ago I made this post with wintry animals, but now it is summertime and here are some summer-loving animals checking in on you! be good to yourselves! :)
We work in a police force full of dudes. We gotta have each other’s backs, okay?
Chester Bennington’s struggle with drug addiction and personal demons has been well documented. Is he in a better place nowadays?
“He’s in a great place nowadays. I’m really excited for him because he’s just such a funny guy. It’s funny. On this record, there’s some moments on the record that are really pissed. At one point, when we were finishing one of them, we were like, Dude, you’re such a happy guy that it’s funny seeing you turn that on and get so pissed. Because I know it’s coming from an honest place. He still has that when he thinks about it, he gets really upset. I remember one day, in the middle of a vocal take, he had to take like a two minute time out to get out of the head space of the song, to stop connecting with it in such a visceral way. He came back and finished the take and everything. It’s very real. It surprises me sometimes that it’s there because in general he’s such a happy and caring dude.”
“I honestly think it was fate. The moment we stepped onto the stage at boot camp, and we performed together for the first time as a group, I looked around and thought, this is what I’ve been missing all my life. It sounds cheesy but it’s true.”
In honor of LGBT Pride Month, here are 10 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer authors of young adult fiction to know:
(click on photos for captions)
- Co-author with Allison Glock-Cooper of Changers Book 1: Drew, and several books for adults
- Author of the Lambda Award-winning If You Could Be Mine and the forthcoming Tell Me How a Crush Should Feel
- Author of Everything Leads to You and the William C. Morris finalist Hold Still
- ninalacour.com | @nina_lacour | Facebook
- Author of the Lambda Award-winning Two Boys Kissing, Boy Meets Boy, and co-author with John Green of Will Grayson, Will Grayson; and more
- Author of the sci-fi duology Adaptation and Inheritance, and the William C. Morris finalist Ash; co-founder of Diversity in YA
- malindalo.com | @malindalo | Tumblr
- Author of More Than This and the award-winning Chaos Walking series including The Knife of Never Letting Go
- patrickness.com | @Patrick_Ness | Facebook
Julie Anne Peters
- Author of Lies My Girlfriend Told Me, the National Book Award finalist Luna, Keeping You a Secret, and more
Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Author of the Printz Honor book Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Last Night I Sang to the Monster, and several books for adults
and the prize for the least convincing alien beast goes tooo…..